Thursday, 14 July 2011

The Food Crisis

In the past few days, weeks and year really, I have opened my eyes to the food crisis in Canada, North America and the rest of the world. The food crisis is not just anorexia, bulimia and obesity, those are only part of the problem. The other aspect is Malnourishment and food shortage that occurs in impoverished countries. I usually do not take on a political and socially known opinion as I see that the world is full of negativity however in our generation of modern advancement, word can be spread faster and wider than other form, as it is a form of media. I feel strongly on this matter as I have suffered with the uncomfortable side affects of weight gain and the globalization of artificial and chemically engineered food.
I am currently 25-30 heavier than what the average teenage girl of 5'2 should be, and truth that is extremely scary. That I exercise, and eat well, but my addiction to caffeine, because that is what it is has caused unnecessary sugars from sodas into my blood and overall into my body. This has to stop and I WILL stop adding unnecessary sugar and waste in. This is in support to Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and to the promotion of healthy living. Especially mine.

P.S. I teared up as I wrote this and I plan to stick to it.



No comments: