Saturday, 28 September 2013

Favourite Song(s) of the Month: G.Dragon's "Crooked", Lana Del Ray's "Young and Beautiful" and Marina and the Diamonds's "Lies"

This month's favourite song post is a multi favourite post. As you can tell I could not make up my mind! 
Now it may be the fact that I want to spoil you guys with great music or I am just completely absorbed with the idea that I MUST write about these songs and their respective artists. So...

First off on the list is G-Dragon's "Crooked"!
The reason I like this song is because the lyrics and the video are extremely complimentary. I really connect with this song because it heavily suggests doing one thing but feeling another. Now the message is about G- Dragon trying to get over a girl in his life and seemingly struggling to come to terms with the apparent betrayal of her leaving. I also like this song because you can apply it to anything including life events, not just love. I like the video because it occurs overseas which seems to be becoming more and more popular everywhere in the world. If it's an American artist they go to Japan (Gwen Stefani), if your an artist from the UK you go to the United States (One Direction), and if your a Korean artist you go to England (G-Dragon). An interesting pattern and an ultimately globally aware trend.
Click the link here, to see G-Dragon's "Crooked": http://youtu.be/RKhsHGfrFmY

Second on the list, "Lies" by Marina and the Diamonds!
"Lies" is the tenth song on Marina's 2012 album "Electra Heart". I love this song because of Marina's soft voice and the fragility of her feelings being portrayed.The song and video compliment each other with their juxtapositions ; the video uses harsh jump cuts whereas the songs lyrics are soft and imploring.The overall appearance of the video is simplistic in the sense that it is edited to look more complicated but only focuses on two or three different scenes: 1) close ups, 2) raining on the picnic and 3) running into the woods. This simplicity shows an elegance and sincerity of her feelings.
Click here to see Marina and the Diamonds' "Lies": http://youtu.be/MsnlBtlimBA

And finally, Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful"!
This song literally has me dancing around the house and singing at the top of my lungs. I love it. The only down side is that the video is somewhat boring. It's not boring in the fact that it has little going on but because I am extremely story motivated and I am disappointed if a video doesn't have any sort of story. The other two videos have the video and the lyrics matching or at least telling a story at the me time, however this song just uses its lyrics to get the point across which is a strong point for the song but does not appeal me to the video.
Click here to see Lana Del Rey's "Young and Beautiful":  http://youtu.be/o_1aF54DO60

Thanks guys for staying tuned for this months favourite songs and if you have any recommendations in the future just drop me a line!
The photos are from google images and are sorted by appearance: G-Dragon(http://www.last.fm/music/G-Dragon/+images/87744221), Marina and the Diamonds(http://fanart.tv/artist/7f3d82ee-3817-4367-9eec-f33a312247a1/marina-the-diamonds/) and Lana Del Rey(http://www.factmag.com/2013/07/12/lana-del-rey-shooting-new-short-film-tropico-jesus-elvis-and-marilyn-monroe-to-feature/) This combined images was created by me!

No comments: