Friday, 29 November 2013

Favourite Things of the Month: The Snovember Edition

Believe it or not guys we are coming up on the craziest couple of days. Chanukah has started, Christmas is almost here and New Years is right around the corner! So has a pre-holiday party I am going to discuss my favourites of the month!

Music!
As previously said in a previous blog post, I have been really loving acoustic music! So here we go!
-One Direction's "Story of My Life", (click here: http://youtu.be/W-TE_Ys4iwM)
I really like this song because of the way the background music matches the boys' voices. It might also be the fact that I have a huge crush on Liam. Anyways check it out!
- Daniela Andrade's cover of Landon Pigg's "Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop", (click here: http://youtu.be/JZcJRw5Gs88)
Alright so there are many reasons why this song is one of my favourite this month. 1) it is really good, 2) Michelle Phan introduced me to Daniela, 3) This song really helps me write the novel that I am trying to write and 4) Daniela is Canadian!!!!
- A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera's "Say Something", (click here: http://youtu.be/-2U0Ivkn2Ds)
I really like this song. The lyrics are incredibly sad and so is the video, however the harmonies and the piano just make me extremely relaxed. If anything it gets better with the more you listen to it.
-Sean Quigley's cover of "Little Drummer Boy", (click here: http://youtu.be/IrNcD34KFhM)
Now this video went viral about 2 years ago, however, my Manitoban pride must show and it is extremely prominent whenever I listen to this song. Sean Quigley actually did this video for a school project but he shot, sang and played the drums himself. What I really like about this video is the fact that it displays Winnipeg really well! This is my city and the way he shot it was beautiful!
-Yiruma's "Blind Film" (click here: http://youtu.be/aW1nemadA7o)
This video has beautiful cinematography of Paris (I believe so at least... I have never been....) and the piano sounds gorgeous. Warning this is instrumental so if you are not a big fan watch anyways because it is great.

Beauty! Make up! Fragrance!
Winter is an extremely drying season and with that a lot of the colours and products I use change.
-Neutrogena Naturals multi vitamin Nourishing night cream. I really like this because it is extremely moisturizing and keeps my skin clear.
-Hot Couture by Givenchy. Oh my gosh I love this scent so much! It combines notes of: Raspberry Dew, Jasmine, Bergamot, and White Musk, to create my favourite scent!
-Lancôme eyeshadow in "drape". This works really well has a brow bone high lighter.
-Estée Lauder eyeshadow in number 47 "honey drop". Really nice if you want a neutral colour to be a base colour for warmer browns.
-Batiste dry shampoo in "coconut and exotic tropical". I have been straightening my hair a lot lately and this dry shampoo allows me to not mpwash my hair for an extra day so I don't damage my hair with constant straightening 
-Urban Decay's Naked 2 Pallette. I just love this pallette.

Fashion! 
I really like sweaters and flannel pyjamas just to make sure I am nice and cozy!

Books!
School doesn't always leave me with a lot of time to what I love so when I get to sit down and read a book I am extremely happy!
- "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgernstern. This book is one of my favourite fiction pieces of all time and I think that might have to be the fact that it combines two things that I love: a) circuses and b) magic. I highly recommend this book.
- "Notes from a Small Island" by Bill Bryson. Bill Bryson is hilarious. Some of the things he gets up to in everyone of his adventures is hilarious. In this adventure he has gone to England. Some side information though, Bill Bryson is American but he is probably the most converted British person I have ever heard about.

Yeah so that concludes my post for today if you have any other post ideas or things for me to review just drop me a line in the comments below or on the social media pages! BYE!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11342635/?claim=8sqzzvsfqb6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>



Image from Wikipedia.

No comments: