Tuesday, 17 June 2014

The Fault in Our Stars: Movie and Book

Hi guys! Remember how much I said I love John Green? I didn't? Well it would be fair to say that John Green is probably my favourite author. What I like about him? He's realistic. There's none of the childish drama that some novels have. It's real.
My particular favourite is "An Abundunce of Katherines" but "The Fault in Our Stars" comes in very close second. When I first read "The Fault in Our Stars", I had just watched my favourite movie, "50/50" with Joseph Gordon Levitt, Seth Rogan and Anna Kendrick. Both are about cancer and I was extremely emotional for probably days afterwards. My best friend literally had to drag me out of the fetal position of sadness so I would go to school.
Like everyone else around the world we are all flocking to watch the movie. I usually hate movies that were once books because I feel it ruins it, (my only exceptions were, Twilight, because they already sucked and couldn't get much better anyways and The Hunger Games, because that was "meh" in my opinion. These are both strictly personal, so please do not be offended if you like those books) but I can honestly say that "The Fault in Our Stars movie" did the book justice. On John green's YouTube channel that he shares with his brother, the VlogBrothers , John was part of the filming process and you could tell it was an authentic re telling. Both are separate entities but are born from the same mind. Both are great and one does no subs tract from the other.
One thing that I had to complain about the movie. They should but an advisory to come with tissues because I left the theatre a wreck and was literally sobbing. My best friend yet again had to almost drag me out of the fetal position of sadness.
Anyways, I loved both the book and the movie and I recommend both highly.
Johngreenbooks.com


No comments: